Charter Hall has officially submitted a development application for Brisbane Square Tower 2 which is located at 266 George Street.
Last month Charter Hall had reportedly produced a “compelling offer” which helped to secure a heads of agreement with QSuper, who have been shopping around for space to accommodate QSuper’s new 17,200 sqm headquarters.
If approved, the 36-storey ‘suspended commercial tower’ would reach 185m high, which would make it the fourth tallest commercial tower in Brisbane.
Brisbane Square Tower 2 involves a second tower for Brisbane Square and proposes an enhanced ground level public plaza. Other features include:
- 6-Star Green Star office rating
- A total of 43,824 sqm of commercial space
- Retention of a publicly accessible civic square at ground level
- Improved facilities for Jan Powers farmers markets
- New food and drink outlet on the lobby level of the new tower
- Retention of existing Brisbane Square office building, library and ground level retail uses.
November 13, 2017